Monday 3 January 2011

A mile is enough

Someone suggested that maybe I should stretch my experiment to two miles a day for 2011.

What works about one mile a day is the fact that I can complete the whole process in fifteen minutes, so when I have to get up at 5.00 a.m. (occasionally), fifteen minutes earlier doesn't seem like that big a deal. Twenty-five to thirty minutes earlier would be a lot tougher.

When I look back at last year, in 365 days I ran a total of 699 miles. By my reckoning my average daily mileage was 1.9 miles anyway.

So I'm sticking to my AT LEAST a mile each day, but I can do as much as I like.

I have the seeds of another goal potentially sprouting roots at the moment. This is nothing to do with running or even fitness but it's not ready for me to air yet. The roots are still too flimsy to take the idea out of my internal greenhouse into the big wide world.

I'm not sure where that analogy came from but it fits quite nicely with my "growth is critical to happiness", which I wrote about yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment