Thursday 20 January 2011

Two faces of running

Ran with the Harriers for the first time in 14 months last night, which was fun, but I found it hard work.

My mile this morning was also tough as my legs were stiff and my left knee was a little bit sore, but the old legs have got 24 hours rest now, so they should be fine.

I couldn't believe the number of people at the Harriers last night. There could easily have been over 100. It's fantastic to see how many people are engaged in recreational running, or any sort of physical exercise actually.

And it was great. On the run I met and chatted with a couple of people I hadn't met before, and then afterwards someone bought me a drink at the bar and I chatted with others.

My early morning runs and the club runs are so different. One is time to myself which I find so valuable and creative, and the other is so sociable and all about connection, which is one of my core values.

Running is definitely a win win any way you look at it for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment