Monday 17 January 2011

The enemy of the present

A very gentle, extremely soggy mile and a bit this morning, slightly earlier than usual.

We are getting ready for filming that is gong to be going on all day at our house, starting at 8.00 this morning.

Whilst gaily splashing through puddles this morning, I was thinking how the pile of unorganised papers all over my desk reflected the thought processes in my head over the last few days.

Clutter, both of the physical and mental variety, is the absolute enemy of being able to live in the present.

I fail to notice the amazing sights, sounds and feelings that are all around me when my brain or my physical environment are littered with rubbish.

When I'm on holiday or taking a walk in beautiful countryside, is the fact that I'm able to notice and enjoy things so much more because it is a better day? Or is it because by moving myself to nature I have cleared visible clutter and the clutter of things that I should be doing away from my consciousness.

My intention is to notice, enjoy and be in awe of all that is around me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment