Friday 23 January 2015

A shift of focus

Last night I helped out as a support coach with my local beginners and intermediate runners group, which I do fairly regularly.

I jogged walk with two of the newer runners last night, one of whom only started with the group two weeks ago and the other who ran a bit last year, but it was her first time back after six months off running due to injuries.

What I loved about it was that both of them did incredibly well. We were jog/walking but they both ran continuously for long periods of time before taking walk breaks and I was very impressed. They were both happy too.

Sometimes it can be more rewarding helping others feel the satisfaction of improving at, and learning to enjoy, running than focusing on your own run.

Do you ever find that?

And isn't that also true not just in running?

No comments:

Post a Comment