Wednesday 7 January 2015

Daily Visioning

A recent habit I've taken on and am trialling at the moment is built on the ideas of daily to do lists and visualising completion of goals.

The problem I've always had with to do lists is that I can often start with a list as long as my arm, work on it all day and find at day's end that the list is longer than when I started. Very disheartening, extremely frustrating and demoralising.

Visualising completion of goals works on the principle of taking you into the future and imagining yourself having successfully completed your goal, imaging what you will see, hear and feel when you are successful.

I love the goal visualisation technique, but I'm not great when it comes to working towards something over a long period of time before I reach success.

I tend to start questioning my ability to see things through. Doubts and distractions start to creep in and can often knock me off course.

I've therefore decided to combine the daily to do list but only taking between three and five tasks, that if I complete, or even make progress on, I will have deemed it a successful day and will feel suitably satisfied and pleased with myself. 

I then imagine at the end of today, having completed or made progress on my three to five tasks, what I will see, hear and feel, having been successful.

So far so good. The closeness of the vision of my success works well, pulling me past all distractions and potential deviations, and I'm starting to clock up successful days.

Watch this space for future reports or developments.  

No comments:

Post a Comment