Saturday 31 January 2015

Anticipating fun

On my last run of January this morning I realised that I've now completed 61 months of running at least a mile each day, something that hadn't appeared on my radar until then.

It was snowing when I ran. I think possibly it was the first time in two years that I've run in the snow.

As I was sitting drinking my tea before I ran, the anticipation of going out running in the snow was really quite exciting, and as it was daylight for a change I wasn't really nervous about ice or slipping.

I don't know if it's my imagination but it seemed that it brought out loads of runners. I caught up with, and ran a little way with, two friends, and as we ran another friend came the other way and we crossed paths.

I think that we're all children at heart, and I for one, still find it exciting when snow comes along and I imagine that my run will be more fun because of it.

I'm looking forward to when we get a good blanket of snow on the ground, when I can don my Yaktrax and hear that crunch of running through the snow, and the eerie silence that thick snow brings with it.

By the way after my post yesterday about the best two days, I had a great day. I'm glad I didn't manage to wish it away too quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment