Wednesday 21 January 2015

Being open and ready

I enjoyed running in a temperature of +1 degree C this morning. Only a couple of degrees warmer (if you can call it that) than the last few days, but those two degrees gave me more freedom.

The two degrees meant I was able to rotate to one of my older pairs of running shoes this morning as it wasn't so critical for my shoes to have the best tread on them in case of slippery conditions.

They also meant that I had more options of which route to choose, instead of not being able to consider any routes that have a downhill stretch on a smooth surface, which can be hairy because there might be ice.

Those two degrees also gave me more flexibility in what I chose to wear to run in today, although I discounted the shorts and tee-shirt because I'm still a bit of a wimp when it's anywhere near freezing.

Tomorrow it's due to be freezing again.

It just shows that you always need to be open to, and ready for, new possibilities and new opportunities to expand what you're doing at the moment.

Even possibilities that are fleeting and then gone, are there to be capitalised on if you're in a place of openness and readiness.

What do you need to do to be open and ready for new possibilities and opportunities today?

No comments:

Post a Comment