Monday 28 November 2011

Madder than me

I read, on the internet yesterday, of a retired American dentist who had recently become the 6th person in the U.S. to complete 40 years of running every single day.

Apparently, there are also 286 people who have registered with the U.S. Running Streak Association, who have run at least a mile every day for at least one year.

So there are others as mad as, if not even madder than, me.

For me, running at least a mile every day is such a great discipline for overcoming obstacles.

There are very few days when I can actually say that I'm excited about stepping out of the door in my running shoes.

There have been days when there has been snow and ice completely covering my route.

There have been days when I have limped round at double my normal time due to injury.

There have been days when I've had to run on a treadmill (something I hate).

So I start pretty much each day by pushing past a mental barrier.

What do you do to build the discipline of overcoming the obstacles that stand in the way of your dreams?

No comments:

Post a Comment