Saturday 26 November 2011

Two of my best ideas

It was one of those morning runs full of ideas this morning.

I had to grab Post-Its to write the ideas down, in case I forgot them, even before I did my post-run stretches.

A lot of my best ideas have come when I'm running.

When I first decided to go freelance back in my old IT days, that was while running in Regent's Park in London during my lunch break.

When I decided it would be a good idea to run the London Marathon whilst coaching people on my mobile phone, the idea came to me on a long Sunday run of eight or so miles.

Those two ideas, because I not only had them, but also acted upon them, have both had a dramatic impact on my life.

I wouldn't be doing what I'm doing for a living now if I hadn't had, and acted on, the first one.

I wouldn't have had my two most lucrative clients I've had to date if I hadn't had, and acted on, the second one.

What do you do that encourages your creative ideas, and how do you make sure you act on them?

No comments:

Post a Comment