Saturday 19 November 2011

On being true to yourself

I met a good friend of mine, who worked for me as my coach a couple of years ago, yesterday at the Festival Hall, overlooking the Thames in the sunshine.

It really was glorious.

Anyway, when I was talking to him about my current strapline for my business, he pulled me up on it, saying that it didn't sound compelling because it didn't come out of me with conviction.

He reminded me of my very first strapline, which was "coaching people who hate to work", and how much truer to me that sounded when I spoke it then, and even still does now.

Once he pointed it out, I realised how right he was.

It's not easy to be true to yourself, particularly when you read something and you think, "Oh, that sounds good".

Before you change and adopt someone else's words, dreams or vision, make sure you check in to see whether you just think it just sounds good, or whether it's really you.

Thanks Antony, you're still a fab coach!

No comments:

Post a Comment