Sunday 6 November 2011

Removing the creative block

When I was running this morning, I realised that whenever I'm working hard trying to think of what I'm going to write for my blog post, it's never that successful.

It usually results in me thinking how the time is ticking away, which increases the pressure on me to come up with the right answer as soon as possible, which in turn makes it tougher still.

What I always end up doing is concentrating on my breathing while I run, and maybe taking stock of different parts of my body, to check in with how they're feeling.

When I let go of having to come up with a topic for my blog, and divert the conscious part of my brain by checking in to what's going on for me in the here and now, it gives the subconscious part of my brain permission and the space to do its thing, which is being creative.

My subconscious invariably comes up with the goods.

What can you do to divert the conscious you, and let your subconscious do the creative work?

No comments:

Post a Comment