Tuesday 15 November 2011

This is how it should be

I managed to let go yesterday.

A request was made of me that, at the time, felt inconvenient, and it wasn't how I had planned to be spending the next hour or so.

So why didn't I say no?

Because I felt guilty at saying no. Probably because I usually do say no.

So, I said yes. At first it was a bit begrudgingly, but I decided to try and let go of that because I knew that I wouldn't be able to be present if I didn't.

And do you know what?

I really enjoyed it.

When I fail to let go, I spend the entire time in "this isn't how it should be" mode, and I'm right.

But what isn't how it should be is me holding on to that righteous feeling of justification and indignation.

As soon as I let go of that yesterday, it was exactly how it should be, and I had a great time.

Maybe I was able to let go because I'd just watched Louie Schwartzberg's presentation and film on gratitude.

Take a look, it might help you to let go too.

No comments:

Post a Comment