Sunday 13 November 2011

The nurse who made my day

I spent a couple of hours in the A&E section of our new local hospital yesterday, having almost grated the end off one of my fingers (hence no post yesterday).

The nurse, who had been very business-like and serious, and was trying to re-attach the skin flap at the end of my finger asked me what I did for a living.

When I told her that I was a business and life coach, her face lit up and she said, "Oh, how wonderful. That must be so nice being able to help people like that."

I confirmed that indeed it is.

A few minutes later when she was thinking about me leaving and getting home, she asked me whether I drove there or was I driven.

When I said that I was driven, she perked up, "that's perfect as a coach to be able to say "I was driven"."

Her enthusiasm and humour turned the whole experience from a bit of a tiresome and painful ordeal to an uplifting experience for me

I walked out of there smiling at the end.

I didn't get her name but I thank her anyway for making my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment