Tuesday 18 October 2011

The 2 key characteristics for success

It was very dark this morning as I stepped out on the pavement for my morning mile.

On this morning's run I got to thinking about my 40-second introduction I am going to do at my breakfast networking meeting I'm off to shortly.

Then I thought about what I've learned over the past 12 years about how important self-awareness and responsibility are for success in any area, whether it's in Olympic or Paralympic sports, business or whatever challenge you're taking on.

By self-awareness, I mean awareness of your dream, your vision or your goal, awareness of what your strengths are, and awareness of the next step you need to take to get there.

Responsibility is about knowing that you are always at choice in taking the steps to get to your dream, vision or goal. No matter what happens along the way, you get to choose how you react.

That's what responsibility is. You have, and always maintain, the ability and the choice to respond.

What's your goal for today and how will you take the responsibility to get there?

No comments:

Post a Comment