Sunday 16 October 2011

Bite-sized chunks

It was beautiful this morning for my run, cold but sunny most of the way, with fog in Happy Valley and a hot air balloon peacefully drifting across the blue blue sky.

I also managed to complete almost 5 miles, which was great with my dodgy left knee.

One of the things I thought about on my run was why I'm still so rubbish at doing my physiotherapy exercises for my knee.

I was told to do some stretching exercises and to then ice my knee for ten minutes, four times a day.

What I realised was that I'm fine with the stretching exercises, there are only a couple of them, but my main stumbling block is the ten minutes I have to allocate to lying down with my leg up, with an ice pack on my knee. This also necessitates changing into shorts each time I do it.

I wondered if I cut the ice time down to five minutes, would that make it more manageable? My conclusion was that it would.

Time management advice says that if a project or task seems too daunting, cut it up into bite-sized chunks. I guess that's what I've done.

What do you need to cut up into bite-sized chunks?

No comments:

Post a Comment