Tuesday 11 October 2011

Step outside your comfort zone

On this morning's run, I was conducting a post mortem in my head of the workshop I ran yesterday.

There were several things that I picked up that I would like to do better, including the overall effect of the workshop.

During the workshop we did an exercise on our comfort zones, what keeps us in them, what's available to us when we step out of them, and what helps us to be able to step out of them.

Running workshops themselves is outside my comfort zone, they both scare me and excite me.

But what has been great about this morning is that I have resisted the temptation, that I have so often succumbed to in my life to date, to beat myself up because I stepped outside my comfort zone and I fell over.

I gave myself a score out of 10 on how I did yesterday, I have set myself a target out of 10 for the next workshop I'm running next Friday, and I thought about what I need to do differently to achieve that.

And what's great is that I'm really excited and looking forward to the next one, and even wishing it was sooner.

What helps you step outside your comfort zone, and how can you make it safer to fall and get back up again quickly?

No comments:

Post a Comment