Sunday 9 October 2011

What's your purpose?

I couldn't sleep this morning, so I was up at 6.30 (unusually for a Sunday) with a cup of tea, preparing for a workshop I'm running tomorrow, before venturing out for a 3-mile run before breakfast.

During this morning's run I completely changed my business web site Home and About Me pages in my head, and then promptly came back and changed them on my web site.

And all before 9.00 a.m. on a Sunday morning.

What drove my sudden burst of productivity, was thinking about tomorrow's workshop and the fact that every PowerPoint slide I'm using has a written purpose for it, which is fantastic for keeping a focus on what each is designed to achieve.

This in turn reminded me of the definition of resilience I heard a few weeks ago.

Resilience is made up of positive mental attitude, having supporters and a purpose.

This whole aspect of purpose is key in so many areas.

If you have a purpose, then it's much easier to create a positive mental attitude and supporters will be drawn to your purpose.

So my web site now reflects my purpose.

What's your purpose?

No comments:

Post a Comment