Thursday 6 October 2011

I'll miss you Steve Jobs

It was very sad to hear the news on the radio this morning, before I got up for my run, that Steve Jobs has passed away.

Sad, but not a massive surprise as it's been common knowledge that he has been very ill for a long time.

Once again it makes me feel how lucky I am to have just completed my 644th consecutive day of running at least a mile. Steve Jobs was 56-years-old. The same age as me.

When I think of my post from yesterday about the 2 obituaries, Steve's ideal and actual obituaries must have been one and the same all the way along.

He represented incredible qualities. He had passion. He had creativity. He had extraordinary vision. He had determination and resilience in bucket loads. He had belief that you must follow your heart.

After all, he was fired from Apple, picked himself up, created Pixar, and then was brought back into Apple to revive their flagging fortunes. And revive them he did!

I'm going to finish this post with a quote from Steve Jobs, which I have always loved. He will certainly not be forgotten.

“Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of other's opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.”
— Steve Jobs

No comments:

Post a Comment